- Born October 25, 1877 in Madison Mills, Fayette County, Ohio.
- Parents were CHARLES ALEXANDER GRIM and MARY ANN ARMSTRONG.
- Married HENRIETTA RATCLIFFE in October, 1899 in Madison Mills, Fayette County, Ohio. She died December 18, 1932 in Ceredo, Wayne County, West Virginia. Her father was PHILIP RATCLIFFE.
- Married SUDIE ANNA MAY GORDON. She was born March 10, 1885 in Blacksburg, South Carolina; and died March 12, 1944 in Huntington, Cabell County, West Virginia. She was previously married to HENDERSON ALLEN. They had no children.
- Carey was a signal maintainer for the Chesapeake and Ohio Railroad.
- Died December 13, 1939 in Chesapeake and Ohio Hospital, Huntington, Cabell County, West Virginia.
- Buried in Madison Mills Cemetery, Madison Township, Fayette County, Ohio.
CHILDREN WITH HENRIETTA RATCLIFFE
- WILLIAM B. "BILLY" GRIMM, adopted. Born about 1914 in West Virginia.